News:

Author Topic: SA made longboard decks, which is your favourite?  (Read 4438 times)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Longboarding SA
04 February , 2011, 15:11:41 PM
There are quite a few guys making decks locally, probably more than I am aware of. Do you know of guys making and selling decks worth a mention?

The brands I know of are:
Project Skateboards
Alpha Longboards
Boardyard
Blue Whiskey
Chapmans Peak Longboards
Matty Grizwold

My first board was an Alpha. Great classic board for beginners, maybe a bit short for high speed, although I took it to 80km/h.
My second board was a Blue Whisky. I wanted something long and stable and that's what I got. Eventually I decided it was too long and that I wanted a shorter top-mount so I built my own race board. An interesting point to note is that 5 out of 6 people who won the Best First Time Racer Award (sponsored by First Nature) last year raced on a Blue whiskey deck!
Projects are really nice decks, I have just never been able to decide on which one is for me.
Boardyard is relatively new to the scene but making the sickest looking carbon fibre boards.
I don't know much at all about the other two, I just know they exist.

• professional clown
  • Administrator
  • if you can think it, you can do it
    • View Profile
    • Longboarding South Africa
04 February , 2011, 15:15:12 PM
Hectic! I was only aware of Alpha. Mm. Good to know!
the world is not as it appears.
Longboarding South Africa

• Skater, Coder
    • View Profile
04 February , 2011, 16:31:08 PM
Matty Grizwold looks nice. The maker also works with bamboo is seems keen to take on custom projects so definitely contact him if you want something personal :-)

• View Profile
27 May , 2011, 05:24:18 AM
I am riding a Gunslinger 46' bamboo pintail. What a cool board for cruising and carving.  8)

• Skater, Coder
    • View Profile
21 June , 2011, 16:48:48 PM
Currently riding a Project Skateboards R2. Very nice deck :-)

• lunatic
    • View Profile
16 October , 2012, 11:16:45 AM
the gunslinger 41" peacemaker 8)
"i just love skating all kinds man,just get on your board ride down a hill,grind a bank snap an ollie....skateboard"words from louis pilloni.

• Awesome
    • View Profile
16 April , 2013, 20:40:12 PM
Gunslinger 41" raven ;D

• No avatar
  • noob
    • View Profile
08 July , 2013, 00:09:33 AM
Had a gunslinger 46 inch bamboo pintail that I took up to about 60 or so once. Decided not to do it again for a while. Was a damn great board

• Hi
    • View Profile
10 September , 2013, 12:46:56 PM
There's also Vanhunks boarding, they offer all their boards in Maple or bamboo , I've been skating their Winder for a while now. They're putting a team together now to give some personal input and make some quality boards soon check them out.

• No avatar
  • noob
    • View Profile
29 September , 2013, 21:21:56 PM
There's another new one called kingdom longboards. Not sure how they are bt I know a few people who have ridden their decks

• No avatar
  • noob
    • View Profile
13 May , 2014, 13:15:21 PM
Has anyone else seen the Drifter boards made locally?

I tried my friends, nice cruising board.   Would be nice to know if anyone else has tried them and what they thought.

Their site is http://www.drifter.co.za

• noob
    • View Profile
27 May , 2014, 12:34:03 PM
there are only a handful who are manufacturing longboards in SA. not importing blanks from canada and china. Alpha, Kingdom, Project, Boardyard are locally pressed boards. skated an Alpha drop thru. nice concave. kingdom make sick boards and have some really unique ideas and concepts and they are super cool guys behind the brand. Project Skate also have the coolest guys doing all the work and some solid maple pressed right here in the shadow of the mountain.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22