News:

Author Topic: Bushing Washers  (Read 3663 times)

• noob
    • View Profile
24 November , 2012, 16:30:59 PM
The washers that cover the bushing are very important, they restrict the movement of the bushing when the board is lent over in carves. Cupped washers restrict the most and flats give the bushing more freedom to move.

While i was learning about longboards the info on washers was easy enough to come by but actual physical washers are super hard to find. I have been to a lot of skate stores here in the western cape, none of the stores i have visited have had any washers and what was more troubling was that most of the staff members had no idea what i was talking about.

So i came here to ask if anybody knows where i can find cupped washers for Fat Ant barrels? I am try to do a setup where i have a barrel board side and a cone road side, but without the cupped washers for the barrels i get mad wheel bite when turning.

Anyway, thanks for whatever help you all can provide.

• professional clown
  • Administrator
  • if you can think it, you can do it
    • View Profile
    • Longboarding South Africa
27 November , 2012, 09:34:41 AM
hi SkullOn3, have you tried flat washers? I use flat ones with my fat ants.
the world is not as it appears.
Longboarding South Africa

• noob
    • View Profile
27 November , 2012, 16:49:09 PM
I did try a Flat washer but it was a little to small, so when i would lean heel side to perform a full u-turn i would get wheel bite. A friend of mine says he has a box of spares i can look through, hopefully he has larger flats i can try.

I would have bought some but i have been having heavy troubles finding a washer that fits at the hardware stores.

I would still very much like a set of cupped washer, i think they will give me the feel i am looking for in conjunction with the barrels board side and the cones road side.

Just for reference i am on a Sector 9 Honolua 46inch pintail with Gullwing chargers mk1 (i think), the board is mainly for craving and cruising.

• professional clown
  • Administrator
  • if you can think it, you can do it
    • View Profile
    • Longboarding South Africa
28 November , 2012, 10:44:40 AM
i got some washers from a hardware store once that was wide enough to cover my barrel bushings. i'll have a look around and see where i can source some washers to put on the site.
the world is not as it appears.
Longboarding South Africa

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22