News:

Author Topic: truck setup for fast hills  (Read 2615 times)

• noob
    • View Profile
11 February , 2014, 13:02:50 PM
hi guys...just as a matter of interest. what would be the best truck/bushing setup for bombing fast hills like say faircape or howteq or any other really fast bombing hill. what im interested in knowing is what bushing setups out there is recomended? im riding a freeride setup with Randal R2 with 90A obeasts boardside and 89A blood orange cones street side. flat washers and cupped on the cone. randall set to the lowest degree ie:flipped hanger.
Now i would like to go a bit faster and am thinking of going 95a obeasts board side and 90a obeasts street side and tightening it down. i will be playing around with other bushing duros and brands but need hear from you guys what might be best. other trucks at my disposal are bear 840 and cali 50 degree trucks.
I am aware that the bear 840 is essentially better for going faster.
thanx in advance
support local and skate safe.
Jason

• Global Moderator
  • No avatar
  • noob
    • View Profile
12 February , 2014, 09:06:05 AM
Hey man,in my opinion try stay clear of a 95A bushing the 95A Obeast is an extremely hard bushing that is very difficult to compress,what i reccomend would be to stick with your 90A Obeast as a bottom bushing and use a 90A barrel bushing with a cupped or flat washer on top,this will allow you to have a good middle ground for Fast bombing and freeride,ofcourse bushings are all personal preference and are also based on your weight so the best idea would just be to experiment.

• noob
    • View Profile
17 February , 2014, 08:23:26 AM
thanx for the response but why would one need to compress a 95a bushing used for going super fast? other than for stability offcourse and thats then done by tightening up the kingpin. im also refering to a boming setup not bombing/freeride. i have something seperate for freeride. so the question remains: when bombing a fast hill thats relitivly straight is it better to go hard bushing cranked down or not? im speaking in excess of 80kmh. im a big oke at 85+ kgs.

• professional clown
  • Administrator
  • if you can think it, you can do it
    • View Profile
    • Longboarding South Africa
26 February , 2014, 22:14:46 PM
the best way would be to experiment. just remember, you don't want to over tighten your bushings. you still want lean.
the world is not as it appears.
Longboarding South Africa

• noob
    • View Profile
05 March , 2014, 10:14:24 AM
Thanx Bjorn

unfortunatly i havent had time to spend on my board due to work. so havent had a chance to experiment. will do so this weekend tho.

Jason

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22