News:

Author Topic: Is there such a thing is there such a thing as a too long a longboard?  (Read 4087 times)

• View Profile
10 June , 2011, 08:23:54 AM
No matter how hard I carve I am unable to loose traction therefore speedchecks and slides are basically impossible. Another theory is my wheels might be too soft? Or my speed is not high enough? What do you recon?

• professional clown
  • Administrator
  • if you can think it, you can do it
    • View Profile
    • Longboarding South Africa
10 June , 2011, 11:48:58 AM
all of the above!!

what setup do you have?
the world is not as it appears.
Longboarding South Africa

• Keeping the Progression
    • View Profile
    • Project Skateboards
10 June , 2011, 12:41:14 PM
You got to get really low, grab rail and put all your weight into it (probably going to bail on your ass a few times). Learn to do 180 slides before you think about speed checks. Takes time to get it down and understand what it takes to get your board to slide, all wheels will slide under enough weight and force.

• No avatar
  • noob
    • View Profile
22 June , 2011, 14:53:09 PM
ask bjorn i would say GO FASTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR >:(

• Just another Bomber
    • View Profile
    • iLike Studios
23 June , 2011, 14:12:00 PM
I was having the same issues until recently when the guys at the fort comp helped me out with some basics... I skate normal so this will be for a Frontside slide where my left foot is the one in front...
Front Foot and majority percentage of your weight must be over the front truck and wheels
Get your back foot flat onto its side, and when you grab the board be sure to hold past your back foot (feels awkward at first but it helps a lot)
Get onto the open hands' puck and get your body weight back... basically as if you were to try "fall off your board and slide on your ass", You basically form a triangle from puck to front foot to back foot.
With the weight properly up front the back end slides out... using your back hand and foot to control it. just keep tucked and ride it out in the beggining...  (if your flying face first over your board your weight is to far forward and you must lean back more)
I find practicing on smooth underground car parks easier, Im still new myself so its a skill in progress.
Hope this helps.
Life is best lived Downhill...

• professional clown
  • Administrator
  • if you can think it, you can do it
    • View Profile
    • Longboarding South Africa
24 June , 2011, 11:54:45 AM
that is really well explained gravityne!
the world is not as it appears.
Longboarding South Africa

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22