News:

Author Topic: Bringing a board in from the States  (Read 5601 times)

• View Profile
31 May , 2011, 10:23:58 AM
Ok throw me a freaking bone here  ;D  do you guys think its a cool idea to ask a friend to bring me a Apex 37 from New York? The price in the States is $185.00 compared to a whopping R3500 in sunny SA?

• professional clown
  • Administrator
  • if you can think it, you can do it
    • View Profile
    • Longboarding South Africa
31 May , 2011, 11:53:53 AM
the big question is, have you ever ridden one of those boards? have you had a good look at the flex of the deck and especially the trucks.
the world is not as it appears.
Longboarding South Africa

• View Profile
31 May , 2011, 12:53:39 PM
the big question is, have you ever ridden one of those boards? have you had a good look at the flex of the deck and especially the trucks.
Bjorn yes I have, but for any longboard or gloves for that matter. I have someone going there every forthnight and frankly I don't see any reason why not then. If its more than half the price for a longboard then surely thats not a bad idea.

• professional clown
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
31 May , 2011, 13:18:42 PM
yeah, go for it. nice contact to have! just make sure the person knows all the tricks with customs!!

• View Profile
31 May , 2011, 17:41:44 PM
Ok I am listerning, I am a novice and won't pretend I know everything. If you had a choice of any board 42-46" for cruising, commuting and carving what will it be?. I have done some research and flex is quite important how do I determine what good for me? see I need some help here please.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Longboarding SA
31 May , 2011, 18:03:51 PM
Have you had a look at the Bhangra? http://firstnature.be/awesome/products/decks/loaded-carving-systems-2/attachment/bhangra1/
A board that is 46 inches long wont be great for commuting because it will be heavy to pick up, it will be sweet for cruising beach fronts though.

• professional clown
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
31 May , 2011, 18:25:34 PM
it would be great if you have some mates that skate so you can check out what they do and maybe have a go on their boards. it's the only way to tell really.

• View Profile
01 June , 2011, 03:42:00 AM
it would be great if you have some mates that skate so you can check out what they do and maybe have a go on their boards. it's the only way to tell really.
Problem is I don't, its like I am the only person in Bedfordview skating so thats out of the question.

• professional clown
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
01 June , 2011, 12:27:37 PM
eish. well i suppose best is to just take the plunge!! you'll end up with a "quiver" of boards eventually anyway!!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Longboarding SA
01 June , 2011, 14:41:31 PM
Bru, there's a hill in Linksfield ridge that we skate almost every weekend! Check out the Jo'burg Longboarders Club on Facebook and come skate with us.

• View Profile
01 June , 2011, 14:47:02 PM
Bru, there's a hill in Linksfield ridge that we skate almost every weekend! Check out the Jo'burg Longboarders Club on Facebook and come skate with us.
Excellent!!! I will most certainly join you guys sounds awesome thanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22